Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Man Vs. Information

I’m a news junkie… Well more like an info junkie. Whether it be breaking headlines from the Drudge Report, trends in tech from Engadget,  or the latest in single malts from the Whisky Exchange, I am constantly scouring the best of what the web has to offer to satisfy my information hunger pangs.

For that reason, more and more I’ve been turning to the iPhone/iPad app Zite.  The highly polished news-magazine-reader app is sleek in its simplicity, and a pleasure to use. In addition to offering the usual channels of news, Zite offers users the ability to create their own custom channels, even connect their interests by connecting via Facebook and Twitter. Zite takes it all and creates a customized magazine for your viewing pleasure.  What I’ve been especially enjoying are the articles it pulls from sites I never knew existed.  I don’t need another app to give me a prettier view of the rss feed from Gizmodo – I need one that introduces new sites, new horizons, and new info to me. That is where Zite excels in my opinion.

Or maybe I’m just stoked because my Whisky channel in Zite just told me about the site whiskyblender.com.

By Alex Paskie

No comments:

Post a Comment